Returns & Warranty
Items can be returned for a full refund if you contact us within 14 calendar days of receipt. The item must be returned undamaged and in a condition that indicates you have subjected it to normal use only. Items should be returned as they were originally packaged as far as is possible. If the item is not in “as new” condition there may be a restocking fee. Please note the cost of returning the item to us will be covered by the customer. We recommend that when arranging delivery back to us you make sure your goods are insured to their full value. We do not accept any transit damage liability for your return shipment. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Chapman guitars and basses are covered by a 1-Year Limited Warranty. This warranty applies only to the original retail purchaser and is not transferable. This warranty is only valid when purchased from an approved Chapman Guitars dealer and in the country it was purchased. Please always retain your proof of purchase.
The instrument is warranted through the approved Chapman Guitars dealer it was purchased from. If you are the original purchaser of the instrument and you feel you are having problems that are warranty related, please contact your authorised Chapman Guitars dealer immediately for warranty parts and/or services.
All new Chapman Guitars are warranted to be free from defects in materials and workmanship subject to the limitations outlined below.
This warranty does not cover:
- Any instrument that was not purchased from an Authorised Chapman Guitars Dealer, or upon which unauthorised repair or service work has been carried out.
- Any instrument whose serial number is missing or has been altered.
- Any instrument that has been damaged due to an accident, misuse or neglect.
- Any instrument that has sustained damage as a result of customisation or modification.
- Normal wear and tear on any part of the instrument, hard case or gig bag. Including fret wear, strings, input jacks, plated surfaces, switches, controls, tuning machines, pickguards, zippers, clasps, handles, latches etc.
- Sinking, shrinking, checking or discoloration and wear of lacquer finishes.
- Damage to the finish, cracks, splitting or warping of wood due to changes in humidity or temperature, contact with sunlight, fire, moisture, perspiration, guitar stands/hangers, guitar straps or any non-Chapman approved cleaning products.
- Rusting, corrosion, damage or discolouration of any hardware as a result of humidity, perspiration or general wear and tear.
- Subjective issues such as tonal characteristics, relative weight, grading, grain pattern or colour of wood and finishes.
- Regular guitar maintenance, including truss rod adjustments, set-ups, intonation, action and string changes.
- Shipping damage of any kind.
The foregoing constitutes the only warranty made by Chapman Guitars with respect to the products and is made expressly in lieu of all other warranties expressed or implied. Any implied warranties, including without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for any particular purpose, imposed in law are limited to the duration of this limited warranty. In so far as such warranties cannot be disclaimed, Chapman Guitars limits the duration and remedies of such warranties to the duration of this express warranty and, at Chapman Guitars’ discretion, to the repair, replacement or refund described herein. Some countries, states or provinces do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not be applicable to you.
Chapman Guitars assumes no liability for property damage resulting from failure of this product nor any loss of income, satisfaction, or damages arising from the loss of use of same due to defects or availability of same during service.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights that may vary from country, state or province. Other than as permitted by law, Chapman Guitars does not exclude, limit or suspend other rights you may have, including any rights under consumer protection laws that cannot be lawfully changed or excluded. Chapman Guitars does not exclude, limit or suspend other rights you may have against the person who sold the instrument to you if that person has breached their sales contract with you.
For a full understanding of your rights, please consult the laws of your country, state or province.